Nick’s Tempering Chocolate Tips For Easter
How To :
1. Place a handful of good quality chocolate (we recommend delicious Chocolarder chocolate) in a heat-proof bowl and heat in the microwave for 20 seconds.
2. Remove and turn the chocolate over gently with a spatula.
3. Put the bowl back into the microwave and repeat steps 1 and 2 until the chocolate has almost melted, with a few lumps remaining.
4. Continue to slowly turn the chocolate – it’ll keep melting but also start to cool. The chocolate should appear glossy and extremely smooth.
5. Using a non-stick egg mould or a bowl lined with clingfilm, paste the chocolate over the surface with a pastry brush. The malleable chocolate can be twisted or rolled throughout the process.
6. When you’re happy with the shape, place in the fridge and allow to set. Remove the chocolate from the mould and have fun decorating the egg.
So there we have it – Nick’s tempering chocolate tips for Easter! It truly is that easy.
And if you’re feeling like staying savoury this Easter, why not try a recipe from our very own Executive Chef Nick and Head Chef Bobby? Follow this link to their Cornish seafood chateaubriand recipe that wowed our guests last summer.
We’d love to see how you’ve been getting on in your own home kitchen. Please send in a photo of your creations to email@example.com or tag us on Instagram for the chance to be featured on our social channels.