Joining the office team
Our dedicated Greenbank office team are an important part of the hotel, keeping things running smoothly from behind the scenes. From marketing and revenue control, to financial management, events and guest relations, each role requires different skills and strengths.
As part of the marketing team, creativity and business-minded thinking is key, and every day is different. Our finance teams must be meticulous in number crunching and extremely organised. A role in guest relations is the ideal position for someone with excellent communication skills. And revenue management is a specialised skill, needing analytical know-how and speedy strategy decisions.
A whole host of positions make up our lovely office team, so keep an eye on our upcoming vacancies below…
FULL TIME: ASSISTANT MARKETING MANAGER
Due to the departure of our long-term Assistant Marketing Manager, a unique and rare opportunity has emerged to join our dynamic marketing team at sister hotels The Greenbank in Falmouth and The Alverton in Truro. If you’re an innovative brand expert who stays ahead of trends, we want to hear from you.
You’ll collaborate with the Head of Marketing (part time role), Designer, Digital Marketing Specialist, and Guest Relations Manager. The role also involves participation in weekly revenue meetings, HOD meetings, and working closely with the Managing Director and senior management.
Organisational skills and top-notch written communication are essential. The role offers a competitive salary with benefits, including discounts across the three businesses, annual reviews, training plans, and social events.
Based in Falmouth, the position covers both hotels and our quayside pub, The Working Boat. The working week is Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, with occasional evenings or weekends for specific events.
We’re looking for marketers who share our vision and values, so even if the role doesn’t quite match your expectations; let’s talk…
- Support our Head of Marketing in team management and weekly priorities
- Brand management to ensure consistent messaging across all channels, collateral, and content
- Conduct marketing research and analyse monthly digital reports, for performance evaluation and strategic adjustments for competitive advantage
- Strategically plan and execute monthly e-newsletter campaigns, including database management
- Liaise with our PR freelancer, external agencies, print companies, advertising partners, and all internal departments
- Write and distribute press releases, manage local PR, and drive influencer outreach
- Promote busy events calendar for both hotels and the pub, to maximise awareness
- Project management, including new product development, such as the creation of hotel and F&B offers
- Drive customer acquisition and leverage current relationships to nurture loyalty and drive repeat business
- Enhance reputation through corporate social responsibility, community engagement, and sustainability efforts
- Assist with print advertising, partnerships, and sponsorship opportunities
- Oversee online presence and reputation, including social media, blog content, online advertising, and digital PR
- Lead photo shoots and briefs for video content creation
- General administration, to include invoicing, proofreading, and collating quotations from external companies to ensure cost-effective allocation of resources
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Commercially aware and willing to go above and beyond
- Analytical mind for data and metrics analysis
- Results-oriented, understanding of the importance of measurement and reporting
- Grammatically flawless and strong IT skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A keen visual eye to create beautiful marketing collateral
- Innovative mindset with a passion for the hospitality industry and staying ahead of trends
- Highly organised and adept at multi-tasking
- Motivated, confident and meticulous
- Ability to work independently and proactively, using own initiative
- Degree in a relevant subject and CIM qualification preferred
- Proficient in Google Analytics, SEM, WordPress, email marketing platforms, and Adobe
To apply, please email Abby on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and brief paragraph to explain why this is the ideal position for you.