Sunset view from Flushing…
- The scheme tangibly enhances and consolidates the hotels appearance, notably from the water which is currently a mismatch of 20th century styles.
- The relocation of the kitchen enables an increased restaurant capacity up to 180 covers – space of this size is unknown in the region and it will enable events of a far larger scale to be hosted locally whilst showcasing the entire Town from the exquisite views across the harbour.
- We will have a net gain of 5 parking spaces, and whilst we aim to continue leasing 14 spaces at Ponsharden, we would propose an EV to transfer guests to and from this overflow parking.
- To further assist with parking pressures, we would restrict the use of our marquee in the peak season and propose its use is kept solely to the Garden area owned by the hotel, keeping the quay free for parking.
- It would be a nationally famous hotel, at the gateway to Falmouth, and bring significant economic benefits to the Town, its businesses, and its residents.
- As well as the significant economic benefits it will reduce the demand for Airbnb properties meaning more houses are lived in year – round and less become second homes.
- The hotel would remain very much for the community, it will not become exclusive and out of reach for locals, it is part of the Town now, and it will remain so.